Discovering that your into BDSM isn’t usually the hard part, however trying to explore and get involved in the scene that is scary. Not scary in the clowns sort of way, there is an abundance of information. How does one start? Where do you start? What are the rules? How do you stay safe while exploring?
The first is read up about it, and no not fictional books. While I do know several authors who do live the lifestyle and include aspects of their lifestyle into their books. However, there are other books that many people recommend. I’ve included a list below, but please know there are lots more of books. If you go through this list and want me, feel free to email me. I’ve included links below to Amazon in the title.
• BDSM Primer – A Woman’s Guide to BDSM – Fetishes, Roles, Rituals, Protocols, Safety, & More by Elizabeth Cramer
• Care and Nurture for the Submissive by Elizabeth Cramer
• Different Loving: A Complete Exploration of the World of Sexual Dominance and Submission by William Brame
• Screw the Roses, Send Me the Thorns: The Romance and Sexual Sorcery of Sadomasochism by Philip Miller
• SM 101: A Realistic Introduction by Jay Wiseman
• The Ethical Slut: A Practical Guide to Polyamory, Open Relationships, and Other Adventures by Janet W. Hardy
• The Loving Dominant by John Warren
• The New Bottoming Book by Dossie Easton & Janet W. Hardy
• The New Topping Book by Dossie Easton & Janet W. Hardy
• The Ultimate Guide to Kink: BDSM, Role Play and the Erotic Edge by by Tristan Taormino
Then there are websites, internet is everywhere and easily accessible. It can be amazing but it can also be a endless pit of information and difficult to find exactly what you are looking for. To help provide a flashlight to help the search, I’ve included some of my favorite sites below.
•Albany Power Exchange Articles
•Leather & Roses
•The Iron Gate: BDSM Resource and Knowledge Database
I’ve included Fetlife in there because it’s a great resource, but it can be really intimidating and overwhelming at first. It can also be a bit scary, so many people hidden behind keyboards. Which is why there will be a part two be about Fetlife and related websites. How to navigate, how to be safe, etc…